Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies
APU’s biblical studies degree provides a strong, scholarly foundation and framework for Christian belief and practice through academic study of the Scriptures, biblical background and history, ancient and modern interpretations of the Bible, and scriptural applications in contemporary life.
Coursework investigates a variety of approaches to the Bible while affirming the ongoing relevance and authority of the Scriptures, and conducts a thorough study of the Bible in dialogue with theology, church history, philosophy, art, science, and the practice of ministry. Students enhance their understanding of bibilical narrative through tours of holy lands and historical sites, and through the study of biblical languages in order to read and translate biblical and other ancient texts from their original languages. Biblical studies majors leave APU with a greater understanding of the Bible and how it applies to today’s world.
Student Portraits: Jimmy Curley
Jimmy Curley ’18 is a junior biblical studies major at Azusa Pacific University. Watch to see how Jimmy’s APU experience taught him how to integrate faith and academic.
Meet the Faculty: B.J. Oropeza
Is This Major Right for You?
国产偷拍视频You’re a biblical studies major if you:
- Are considering graduate study in biblical studies or a related field.
- Are preparing for a career in pastoral ministry or Christian education.
- Are preparing to enter the mission field.
- Want to be a professional writer in biblical studies or a related field.
- Want to explore the foundations of Christian belief.
- Have an interest in ancient culture and history.
- Are interested in how God speaks to human beings.
Learn more about this major and .
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current for more information.