Where the APU Cornerstones Connect: Christ, Scholarship, Community, and Service
国产偷拍视频Academic service-learning is a teaching and learning method that promotes student learning through active participation in meaningful community service experiences directly related to course content. Our approach focuses on:
- Connecting theory to practice
- Critical reflective thinking
- Personal and civic responsibility
- Faith integration
- Relationship to planned vocation
The three distinctives that characterize service-learning at APU are that it is:
- Academic: Intentional and clear connection to the course learning outcomes and purposeful critical reflection throughout;
- Reciprocal: Active partnerships between faculty, community partners, and students as mutual beneficiaries and coeducators;
- Making a Difference: Outcomes of the project are evidenced through impact on community as well as student learning, civic understanding, goals, and faith development and application.
Through service-learning, the Center for Academic Service-Learning is proud to play an integral part in supporting Provost Mark Stanton’s Education to Vocation initiative.
“Academic service-learning is the glue that connects knowledge with practice and people. Reading, reciting, and taking tests may evaluate knowledge, application, and integration, but academic service-learning expands those opportunities into situations with the practical problems of the workplace.”
Azusa Pacific received Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation, a distinction that recognizes outstanding university commitment to community service and service-learning.
Friday, January 31
Twitter: Stay Up to Date
国产偷拍视频! May this be a year filled with for all that God has in store. "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24
Wishing everyone a safe New Year’s Eve!