Azusa Pacific’s ROTC program combines the military strengths of discipline and leadership with the university’s faith-based learning community, deepening and enhancing the college experience. Cadets learn leadership skills that prepare them to join the Army, Air Force, or civilian workforce and equip them to succeed in the most challenging circumstances.
The ROTC program at APU is part of the Golden Lions Battalion based out of . The Golden Lions Battalion consists of 6 main college campuses connecting more than 15 local universities and community colleges that train with one another. The program brings together a tight-knit, welcoming group of scholar-leaders who value service and dedication to their country. ROTC cadets at APU regularly hold top leadership positions in the ROTC Battalion that encompasses institutions throughout the Inland Empire. If you are interested in joining, contact us today!
- Army – Azusa Pacific’s program trains students to become Army officers as well as leaders in the professional world while providing money for tuition.
- Army Green to Gold – The Army is a two-year program designed for eligible, enlisted soldiers who want to remain on active duty while attending college to earn a degree.
- Air Force ROTC – APU has crosstown school agreements with and for Air Force ROTC. Cadets can attend APU while participating in an Air Force ROTC program at one of these schools.
Army are available to both graduating high school students and to current college students. Awarded based on merit and not financial need, scholarships opportunities include:
- Two-, three-, or four-year options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- Full-tuition scholarships
- $4,500 room and board scholarship provided by APU for cadets on an ROTC tuition scholarship
- Additional allowances for books and fees
ROTC Benefits: The Financial and Personal Advantages of Participation
Wondering what you can expect from ROTC and how it can prepare you for success in your personal and professional life? Read more about the benefits of joining ROTC.
Funding Your Education with ROTC
If you need help understanding how to navigate ROTC scholarships and educational benefits, visit , a helpful guide that outlines scholarships, educational benefits, and service commitments of collegiate ROTC programs.
Tuition Assistance and Housing and Meal Benefits
APU offers additional support for Army ROTC scholarship recipients in covering on-campus housing and meal plans. For information regarding tuition assistance or housing and meal benefits for ROTC students, refer to the current and contact the Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center.
Army ROTC scholarships also provide monthly living allowances for each school year. All cadets, regardless of level, will receive $420 per month. This allowance is available to all contracted cadets, including those contracted without a scholarship.
Receiving Scholarship Funds
If you join the ROTC program and are awarded a scholarship, you will work with Military and Veteran Education Benefits to obtain the tuition funding provided by your ROTC Scholarship.
- Work with your cadre to create a .
- Submit the , which explains the regulations and procedures students must follow while using benefits.
- Enter your course and tuition information into GoArmyEd. Note that you must complete this step every semester.
- After the add/drop deadline, APU will certify your enrollment so you can receive the funding you are entitled to.
If you need assistance, please contact Captain Roddy Nguyen at email@example.com or (626) 815-2112.
The ROTC Cadet Experience
As a cadet, in addition to regular college coursework and activities, you will have further training, including:
- Physical training (PT) three times a week
- One military science class a semester lead by cadre
- Training with other colleges on select Fridays
- Field Training Exercise (FTX) once each semester over a weekend at Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, California
- Summer training also available for cadets
Attend a training session and see what the APU ROTC program is all about. Contact Aaron Montes at firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 815-2112.
For more information about the ROTC program at APU, contact: