Explore Our Past with APU’s History Major
APU’s history major国产偷拍视频 prepares students to use thoughtful study of the past to make good decisions for the future. As a discipline, history is comprehensive—it records and explains societal development over time, and explores humanity’s possibilities and limits. The Bachelor of Arts in History provides a solid foundation American and world history, geography, research, and writing. These then provide context for in-depth study of the student’s preferred time periods, regions, and historical themes.
国产偷拍视频The degree prepares students for multiple career paths that call for clear and logical reasoning, the ability to analyze complex relations between cause and effect, well-developed writing skills, and familiarity with other cultures and historical eras. History majors leave APU equipped to make solid decisions that are grounded in the human experience.
APU also offers a social science major国产偷拍视频 for those who are interested in teaching history at the secondary level.
Meet the Faculty: Verónica Gutiérrez
Pathway from Education to Vocation
国产偷拍视频Download the History Major Brochure to learn more about APU’s pathway from education to vocation, including graduate school and career opportunities.
国产偷拍视频The Department of History and Political Science prepares students who are able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the major events, ideas, and trends in American history.
- Describe and analyze the major events, ideas, and developments of world history.
- Analyze primary and secondary sources and develop a historical argument based on them.
- Articulate how a Christian worldview informs the study of history.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a history major if you:
- Like to know the context for events.
- Are intrigued by the human condition.
- Enjoy reading, writing, and researching.
- Want to understand a changing world.
- Are fascinated by a certain time period, culture, religion, or geographic area.
Learn more about this major.
As a history major, I love studying the past. APU’s history program has taught me to learn from the past to affect change in the future. I love the fact that I can talk to my professors outside of the classroom. This really encourages me to never stop learning and to treat the world as my classroom.
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current for more information.